Teams are a huge part of the LIVESTRONG Honor 5K and 10K! No matter the size of your team or your experience level, we invite you to run or walk with us on September 17, 2017!
Why should you create a team?
- Comradery: Running is typically an individual activity. The LIVESTRONG Honor 5K and 10K strives to bring individuals together for a common goal. As a team, you are running, walking, honoring and fundraising alongside people you care for all in the fight against cancer.
- Fundraising Power: Teams in the LIVESTRONG Honor 5K and 10K typically raise more money per person than those not on a team. More fundraising dollars means we have a greater ability to serve those affected by cancer now.
- Celebrate: You can show your team spirit by creating custom shirts to wear on event day. Be proud in the work that you and your teammates have accomplished and take on the LIVESTRONG Honor 5K and 10K together. Be sure to sign up for the Brunch and Run option so you and your teammates can also celebrate together with a post-event meal!
- Incentives: Teams that collectively raise $1,000 or more will earn a team tent in
the LIVESTRONG post-event party. Through this incentive, we will
provide your team with a tent, table and chairs on event day. Teams that
collectively raise $2,500 or more will also earn a custom team banner in the
finisher's chute dedicated to the cancer warriors in their lives. The deadline
to qualify for these incentives is August 15, 2017.
- Awards: Teams have the opportunity to earn special awards for their participation in the LIVESTRONG Honor 5K and 10K. Awards will be given to the top fundraising team, the largest team, and the team with the fastest 5K time and the fastest 10K time.*
* Fastest time will be based on combined times of the 5 fastest individuals on your team.